Financial Resources —Did you know that there are many financial resources that can help people living with breast cancer? Find out more
The Susan G. Komen Tyler Race for the Cure
The Susan G. Komen Tyler Race for the Cure is a 1 mile and 5K (3.1 miles) through the downtown Tyler, Texas. The event is open to anyone who registers and includes breast cancer survivors, other types of cancer survivors, friends, family, children and competitive runners. You may run or walk either event but we ask that you respect the competitive runners if you are participating in the 5K. Race policy requires that all particpants be registered for the Race (and wear their official Race t-shirt or team t-shirt and official race bib).
2015 Race Day Schedule
6:30 am Race Day Registration Opens
7:00 am Survivor Group Photo
7:15 am Survivor Breakfast
7:30 am Kid's Dash Starts
8:00 am I1Mile Co-ed Fun Run/Walk Start
8:45 am Aerobic Warm-Up
9:00 am 5K Competitive Run/Walk Start
9:45 am Awards Ceremony
This event will occur rain or shine. We reserve the right to cancel in extreme circumstances. In that event, there will be no refunds; rather, your entry fee will be used as a donation to the Komen Tyler Race for the Cure®.
RACE DAY OPPORTUNITIES
The Kids Dash ~ All registered children ages 10 and under are invited to participate in the Kid's Dash. The first dash will be for children in strollers up to 3 years old. The second will be for children 4 years old to 6 years old. The third will be for children 7 years old to 10 years old. Each child must have on a Race T-shirt and a yellow race bib. All will be winners!
Children’s Area~ There will be an area dedicated to children. Join us for fun and give-a-ways.
Post-Race Expo ~ Check out all of the goodies donated by national and local sponsors and also take advantage of excellent educational information at the park on Race Day.
UPS Stuff Check ~ Bring your Survivor Bags, purses, strollers, etc. to the UPS truck while you walk or run in the Race.
Before the Race
Dress properly -check the weather and dress accordingly.
Pin your number bib on the front of your shirt. This number MUST be visible, so don't leave home without it! This is your ticket to participate.
Getting to the Race
Be early! Allow yourself plenty of time to park and walk to the Race area.
For those that register for the $50 VIP Premium entry, you may park in certain designated areas, TBD at a later date. Details will be printed on your VIP parking pass included in your Race packet.
WHERE TO GO WHEN YOU ARRIVE
* Survivors: arrive at the Survivor Area located on the stairs of Regions Bank by approximately 6:45 am for direction on where to go for the Survivor photo, which will be taken promptly at 7:00 am.
* Kid's Dash Participants: registered children age 10 and under can participate in the Kid's Dash at 7:30am. Each child must have on a Race t-shirt and number race bib. All will be winners!
* 1 Mile Participants: please be at the Start Line no later than 7:55am. The 1 Mile Race will begin promptly at 8:00am.
* 5K Participants: please be at the Start Line for the Aerobic Warm-up no later than 8:40 am. The 5K Race will begin promptly at 9:00 am.
* Awards Ceremony: The awards ceremony for the 5Kers will take place in the Liberty Hall starting at 9:45am.
Timing is available exclusively for the 5K and only timed runners are eligible for timed results and awads. Awards must be collected at the Awards Ceremony on Race Day- no awards will be mailed and will be unavailable for pick up after the Race.
The first place breast cancer survivor will receive a special award.
Awards are given in the following categories:
Overall Male and Female Finishers in each age group:
Race course certification number is #269926